2.23.2009

And on the first day......

So..... orientation week and a week of classes have ended, so naturally, I've waited this long to start my blog cataloguing my Shanghai experiences.
Orientation was pretty good, and it was pretty well organized. Classes are, well, classes. They're pretty much the same as NYU classes, except we have each class for a 3 hour block, once a week. Chinese is 8:30 - 10:00 Tuesday-Thursday, so that's a bummer, but what can you do?
Weather in Shanghai has been really sporadic, and I think we just started a week of rain every day.

Since its my first post, I figure I should lay down a few goals, for my own good:
1. try to post at least twice a week
2. provide entertainment value
3. give my view of Shanghai, i guess
4. ......more to come?
5. oh and of course, to be more awesome every day.

Here are some pics so far:

I guess the thing I gotta point out first and foremost comes from the top of the Shanghai World Financial Center:


What's wrong with my camera you say? NOTHING. IT'S SMOG!!!!!

Then I had fun with exposure:


This is an interesting Pepsi cow thing at Yu Gardens,



And this is one of ECNU's scenic rivers on campus



Finally, a duck shaped pastry from Quan Ju De, 全聚德:



Woot! first blog post accomplished

Awesomeness: Shanghai smog -1, Duck pastry thing +1, cool room +1, Total: 1


1 comment: